Permanent, full time position, based at our Warehousing Site in West Calder
An exciting opportunity exists to join our HR team in the role of HR Advisor. The position is focused on providing an excellent generalist HR service to deliver all aspects of our people agenda. The successful candidate will be supporting and coaching line managers primarily at our Muirhall Warehousing site, with additional responsibilities at the Edinburgh Distillery where required.
Reporting to the HR Director, the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Building strong working relationships with employees at all levels, offering advice and guidance on ER and HR policy queries, resolving these within the context of prescribed Company frameworks, policies and trade union agreements as required, whilst ensuring minimal employee relations issues.
- Developing and assisting with the Company’s recruitment and selection procedure, providing guidance to hiring managers and coordinating the appointment of successful applicants.
- Assisting the HR Director in coordinating the Company performance evaluation process, supporting line managers to encourage and facilitate the achievement of performance focus review objectives.
- Assisting with the promotion and development of cultural change initiatives, engaging with and embodying Company Core Values and Behaviours.
- Implementing the Company’s Attendance Management policy, working with line managers and our occupational health partners to ensure maximum attendance across both sites.
- Improve HR metrics reporting and work with stakeholders to find solutions to any issues or trends identified.
To succeed in this role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- CIPD qualification.
- Commitment to acting with discretion and absolute confidentiality is essential.
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation.
- Experience in a manufacturing or FMCG environment is desirable.
- Approachable, enthusiastic, proactive, resilient.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise short and longer term workload.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to adapt communication style for audience.
- IT literate with competency in all MS Office applications as well as experience of computerised HR systems.
- Experience of managing improvement projects through to completion.
- Experience in a unionised environment would be advantageous.
Closing date for applications is Friday 27thApril.